Getting Started with Google Analytics
Your Pro Seller by TCGplayer account allows you to add Google Analytics to your Pro website, so you can easily track its status. Although this integration is not required to utilize your Pro Seller by TCGplayer account, it is recommended because Google Analytics can give you a deeper understanding of your customers' experience on your website. That way, you know exactly how well your website is doing and can adjust your actions accordingly. To start collecting data from your website, you need to complete the following steps.
1. Log in or create a Google Analytics account.
If you do not have a Google Analytics account, you will be prompted to create one.
3. Set up web tracking.
When you create a property, Google Analytics generates a Tracking ID specific to that property. To set up tracking (collect data) for that property, you need to enter the Tracking ID. To do this, go to the Store Properties tab in the Content Management System (CMS).
A. If you already have your Tracking ID, continue to section B below. If you need to retrieve your Tracking ID:
- Sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select an account from the menu in the Account column.
- Select a property from the menu in the Property column.
- Under Property, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
B. Enter your Tracking ID in the Content Management System (CMS).
Log in to the CMS.
On the menu on the left side, click the Content tab.
Select Home from the content tree.
Click on the Store Properties tab.
- In the Google Analytics ID field, enter your Tracking ID.
- Click the "Save and publish" button.
Once you've completed these three steps, you'll be able to monitor your website's performance within the Content Management System. For additional help managing analytics for your Pro Seller by TCGplayer account, refer to Website Performance Metrics via StatusCake.