Adding In-Store Pickup Options to Your Online Store
The checkout experience for your TCGplayer Online Store through TCGplayer Pro includes an in-store pickup option. This will give your customers the opportunity to pick up their orders in your physical store rather than having them shipped. You won't be charged the 2.5% TCGplayer Pro fee for in-store pickup transactions, and you'll only be charged a transaction fee for any Pay Now in-store pickup orders.
You have the ability to turn this option on and off at any point. To do so, click the Shipping Settings button under the My Details tab. The first option under "Method" will be "In-Store Pickup." The default status for this option is Inactive. If you want to turn on this feature, simply select "Set as Active."
When a customer selects "In-store pickup" as their shipping option and clicks the Checkout button, they will arrive on a Choose Your Payment Option screen. This screen allows them to select whether they want to Pay Now or Pay Later.
If the customer selects Pay Now, they'll complete their transaction and purchase the cards. Their list will be sent to you as a completed order and the products will be removed from your inventory automatically. The customer will then pick up those products in your physical store at their convenience.
Example: A customer lives close enough to your physical store to pick up the products rather than having them shipped. They need the cards that they ordered as soon as possible and don't want to wait for shipping.
If the customer selects Pay Later, their list of products will be sent to the Manage Lists tab in your Seller Portal. From there, you'll be able to check out the customer once they arrive in your store. Selecting the Pay Later option will not hold the items for the customer. It will merely send the list to your store to indicate the customer's interest in those products. The customer will then see the success message shown below. For more information, refer to Managing Your Lists.
Example: A customer is able to check your online inventory, see what you have available and add items to their cart. When they're ready to check out, they can select the in-store pickup option and choose Pay Later. You will then be able to view their list, pull the cards and check them out efficiently once they visit your store. This will save you from going back and forth to check if you have a certain card in stock, then manually removing it from your online inventory. Instead, you can use the Manage Lists tab to check out the customer and remove the purchased cards from inventory with the push of a button.
Viewing Your Orders
You can see all of your orders, including in-store pickup orders, in the Orders tab in your Seller Portal.
Here you can filter this information between the different types of orders:
- All Orders - This is the default setting that includes Marketplace, In-Store Pickup and Pro Store orders.
- Marketplace - These are orders placed through the TCGplayer Marketplace (rather than your TCGplayer Pro Online Store).
- In-Store Pickup - This only includes Pay Now in-store orders. Pay Later in-store orders will be located in your "Manage Lists" tab.
- Pro Store - These are orders placed through your TCGplayer Pro Online Store that are shipped to a Buyer's address.
When you activate In-Store Pickup, you'll be able to view orders and progress their status through the seller order admin view. There's an in-store pickup box that shows different statuses for the order.
You can progress the order through the following workflow:
- Order Received - This is the initial status the order is in when it is created by a customer and sent to you.
- Pulling - This button triggers an automated email to the customer indicating the order is currently being pulled together for them.
- Ready for Pickup - This button triggers an automated email to the customer indicating the order is ready to be picked up.
- Picked Up - This button triggers an automated email to the customer indicating the order has been picked up.
- Canceled - If you select Full Refund, that will change the status to Canceled. Once it is canceled, you cannot return it to another status.
Note: The Pulling, Ready for Pickup and Picked Up must be pressed in that order. If you press these buttons out of order, you won't be able to return to a previous step. For example, if you accidentally select Ready for Pickup instead of Pulling, you won't be able to go back and select Pulling for that order.