Setting Redirect Links
Redirect links allow you to send a user directly to a document or web page from your TCGplayer Pro website. For example, on your Events page, you may want to add a redirect link for a PDF signup sheet that users can fill out to RSVP to your next tournament. Or you may want to direct users to a blog that you manage on a separate website.
You can add redirect links to your website's main navigation menu or nest them underneath a specific navigation section.
Adding a Redirect Link to Your Main Navigation Menu
1. Click on the ellipsis in the Content menu next to "Home".
2. A second menu will open to the right with 4 options. Select "Redirect".
3. A new page with the "Redirect" tab will open.
4. Enter the title of the redirect link where you see "Enter a name..." This is the title that will appear on the homepage navigation.
5. Next to "File or Url Redirect", click the word "Add". This will open a new panel where you will enter your redirect information.
6. Depending on what you'd like to link to, complete one of the following:
a. If you want to link to a web address that has a URL, enter the URL in the link box (e.g. myblog.com).
b. If you want to link to an existing location on your website, use the expandable Menu at the bottom of the page.
c. If you want to link to a specific file (image, PDF, etc.), use the "Link to file" button at the bottom of the page. This will allow you to select a file from your Media content.
7. Add a Link Title and select a Target action. In the “Link Title” box, you can enter a title for your link to help you identify it on the Redirect tab.
You can also choose a “Target” action which will determine how the Redirect content is presented to the user. There are three choices in the dropdown menu for:
- Opens the linked document in a new window or tab
- Opens the linked document in the full body of the window
- Opens the linked document in the parent frame
8. Once the redirect link is set up, click the “Select” button at the bottom of the screen. You will see your redirect link title appear on the Redirect page. The redirect link can now be deleted by clicking the red X or edited by clicking on the title.
9. If you created a top-level menu redirect (e.g. About Us), you can choose a highlight color with the “Top Level Menu Highlight” dropdown.
Highlight colors cannot be customized for redirects that are nested under top-level menu items.
10. Now that your redirect has been created, you can Save and Publish using the button in the bottom right corner.
Adding a Redirect Link Under an Existing Main Navigation Header
Follow the steps above, but during step 1, click the ellipsis of the header you want the redirect to appear under.
For example, if you want to add a redirect under the Events Calendar header, click the ellipsis next to Events Calendar on the Content menu.
Need additional assistance? We're happy to help! Simply contact our dedicated customer service team.