- the https://www.tcgplayer.com/ website and any other website that we own or control and which posts or links to this Cookie Notice (collectively, the “Sites”); and
- our mobile app (“App”).
You do not need to allow cookies to visit most of the Service. However, enabling cookies may allow for a more tailored browsing experience and is required for certain parts of the Service to work. In the majority of cases, a cookie does not provide us with any of your personal data.
If you are looking to manage your cookie preferences for a Service, you can do so by using our Cookie Preferences, which you can access by clicking here.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files containing a unique identifier that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a Service. Cookies and similar technologies (which include pixels, tags, web beacons and software development kits (“SDKs”) and local browser storage technologies) (together “cookies”) enable operators of website/apps to recognize your device and collect information from it when you interact with them. They use this information to understand how the website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies are also used to make the advertising you see online more relevant to your interests. Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
Who places cookies on your device?
When you visit our Service, both first-party cookies and third-party cookies may be placed on your device:
- first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Service; and
- third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Service, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including service analytics, advertising and social media features. We do not control how these third parties use your information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
- What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies are used on the Service and why?
The cookies used on our Service are categorized as follows:
Strictly Necessary cookies are necessary for the Service to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Service will not then work. In particular, we use these Strictly Necessary cookies to remember your privacy choices and for security purposes. If you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee how the Service or the security on the Service will perform during your visit.
Functional cookies enable us to provide you with enhanced functionality and personalization. These cookies may be set by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not add these cookies, then some of these services may not function properly.
Performance/Analytics cookies collect information about how you use our Service (e.g., which pages you visit and if you experience any errors). These cookies are used to help us improve how our Service works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our content is. Some of our performance/analytics cookies are managed for us by third parties.
Targeting cookies record your visit to our Service, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We or third-party providers may use this information to personalize the content you see on internet. Our advertising third party providers may use this information to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
In addition to cookies, our Sites may use other technologies, such as Flash technology to pixel tags to collect information automatically.
Browser Web Storage. We may use browser web storage (including via HTML5), also known as locally stored objects (“LSOs”), for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. Your web browser may provide functionality to clear your browser web storage.
Web Beacons. We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Sites and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Mobile Application Software Development Kits (SDKs). We may use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) in our mobile applications. An SDK is third-party computer code that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via our App.
Session-replay technologies. We may use products or services such as those provided by Hotjar that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Services in a manner that allows us to watch DVR-like replays of those user sessions. The replays include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, and mouse movements and scrolls during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about Hotjar at https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/ and you can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our Sites and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites at https://www.hotjar.com/policies/do-not-track/.
What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies do we use on the Sites and App?
Who serves the cookies
How to control them Advertising
Google Ads (Classic), Facebook Pixel, Google Ads (Gtag), Google Ads Conversions, Google Tag Manager
You can opt-out of Google Doubleclick cookies here.
You can opt-out of Facebook cookies here.
See ‘your choices’ below.
Marketing and Analytics
Amplitude (Actions), Drip, Hotjar, Optimizely Web
You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
See ‘your choices’ below.
Essential Google Tag Manager
See ‘your choices’ below.
Functionality / performance
See ‘your choices’ below.
Social Facebook Connect
See ‘your choices’ below.
- Your choices
Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar technologies collect about you include:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
- Blocking images/clear gifs. Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow the instructions in your particular browser or device settings.
- Third-party opt-out option. You can opt out of interest-based advertising through some of the third parties listed in the chart above by using the corresponding third-party opt-out tool provided in the chart.
- Industry association opt-outs. You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Cookie preference center. You can change your cookie preferences when you visit our Site by going to the Cookie Preference Center by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of the www.tcgplayer.com website.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online, but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.
If you have any questions about this Cookie Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified February 3, 2023.