How Do I Process Refunds?
Sellers should have sufficient inventory on hand to fulfill all orders on time. However, in those rare cases when ordered items are not available or a customer asks for a refund, please refund or cancel the order promptly. After you partially refund or cancel the order, TCGplayer will send the buyer a notification email.
1. In the Orders tab in your Seller Portal, click on the Order Number to view the details of the order you want to cancel or refund.
2. Click either the “Full Refund” or "Partial Refund" button at the top of the screen.
3. Select “Refund Origin” and “Refund Reason” using the dropdown menus.
a. “Refund Origin” will indicate which party (CSR, Seller, or Buyer) initiated the refund.
b. “Refund Reason” will indicate why the refund occurred. Options include:
- General - Cancellation
- Package - Damaged
- Package - Missing
- Package - Undeliverable
- Package - Wrong Address
- Product - Condition Issue
- Product - Inventory Issue
4. “Inventory Changes” lets you choose whether or not you want to add the products in the order back into your inventory.
a. “Do Not Adjust Inventory” - The products in the order will not be added back into your inventory.
b. “Adjust Inventory” - After finalizing the order refund, the products in the order will be added back into your inventory. Note: Inventory will go to Staged if there is no quantity in your Live inventory.
i. If you are issuing a partial refund, you will need to enter a value in the “Return Quantity to Inventory” column within the Order Products & Shipping section at the bottom. This will be used to indicate the quantity that will be added back to your inventory when the "Partial Refund Order" button is selected. The "Return Quantity to Inventory" column will be defaulted to the quantity for the product minus the Previous Refund Quantity. It will never be a negative value.
5. Click the “Refund Order” or "Partial Refund Order" button.
Note: There will be a message box to type in a reason for the refund. This is to provide additional details about the order cancellation. Please note that the message will be displayed to the Buyer in the email they receive about their order being fully or partially refunded.
The fees that were taken from the order will be included in the refund amount.
How to Partially Refund Orders
1. In the Orders section, click on the Order Number to view the details of the order you want to cancel or refund.
2. Click the "Partial Refund" button next to the order.
3. Assign the amount you want to refund to the appropriate items and/or the shipping costs. You will see the Total section reflect the amount you are refunding.
4. Provide the appropriate reason, and then click Submit. Please note that the message you type will be displayed to the Buyer in the email they receive about their order being fully refunded.
PLEASE NOTE: When you do a partial refund all associated referral fees collected by TCGplayer are also refunded back to you. (The $0.30 processing fee is a once per order fee to cover the processing fees associated with PayPal or Credit Card. $0.30 of the processing fee is non-refundable on full refunds initiated by the Seller)
We also ask that you review our overall Refunds & Return Policy that each Seller must abide by.