Shipping Replacement Cost
TCGplayer Direct is designed to increase your orders and lower the expenses you incur from shipping an order to a customer, as well as provide resolution for any issues that come up via customer service.
TCGplayer Direct replaces your usual expenses by providing a shipping replacement cost generated on a weight basis, factoring in all the typical weights and costs per package—this includes postage, envelopes, team bags, top loaders, penny sleeves, paper for invoices, etc. In addition, TCGplayer has factored in savings based upon the average costs for labor and customer service. This includes lost packages and condition discrepancies being entirely resolved by TCGplayer.
Here are some examples:
An order is placed for 4 copies of Ob Nixilis, Unshackled at $1.50 each.
- This order is under $19.99 in value (4 cards x $1.50 = $6.00)
- This order is under 1 oz. in weight. (This includes the cards, top loader, packing slip, tape and the envelope.)
Your estimated costs to ship this order directly to the customer yourself would be between $1.04 and $1.38
- $0.55 - Postage
- $0.04 to $0.05 - Top Loader
- $0.05 to $0.06 - Envelope
- $0.01 to $0.02 - Paper for Packing Slip
- $0.005 - Penny Sleeve
- $0.30 to $0.53 - Labor ($10.50 per hour/25 to 45 packages per hour)
- $0.02 to $0.04 - Customer Service
- $0.06 to $0.12 - Disputes (Total expenses on Lost Packages, Condition Disputes, Replacement Shipments / Total Orders Shipped)
TCGplayer Direct replaces all of the expenses, time and potential for disputes that go into shipping this order directly to a customer yourself by charging a shipping replacement cost of $0.98. This produces a savings to you on this order between $0.06 and $0.40!
An order is placed for 1 copy of Underground Sea at $275.
- This order is over $250 in value
- This order is under 3 oz. in weight. (This includes the card, top loader, packing slip, tape, and the envelope.)
- This order requires tracking and signature confirmation.
Your estimated costs to ship this order directly to the customer yourself would be between $5.78 and $7.98.
TCGplayer Direct replaces all of the expenses, time and potential for disputes that go into shipping this order directly to a customer yourself by charging a shipping replacement cost of $5.74. This produces a savings to you on this order between $0.04 and $2.24!
Fee Structure for Small Orders
For TCGplayer Direct orders under $3, TCGplayer will be removing the processing fee, the commission fee and the TCGplayer Direct shipping replacement cost and replacing them with a more simple fee structure.
Now, you will receive 50% of the total item(s) value for all orders under $3! On a $1.20 order, you keep $0.60! On a $1.98 order, you keep $0.99!
This means more profitable small orders for you, and since all of these orders will be pulled and shipped together to TCGplayer.com, it means you won’t lose anything on the shipping of small orders.
Please keep in mind that when participating in TCGplayer Direct, your store will still be responsible for paying any applicable TCGplayer commission /processing fees as outlined in the Fees help file.