Importing and Exporting CSV Files
The easiest way to add your desired cards, quantities and prices to your TCGplayer Buylist is by importing them en masse using our CSV templates. This will save you the time of having to manually input each item.
Formatting Your CSV for Import
1. Download the CSV template below that fits your needs.
Do not delete any columns from these templates, and do not manipulate any of the text within columns A through I.
If the information in columns A through I is altered in any way, your import will not process accurately. The only two columns that you should add to are J and K.
2. Look for the cards you want to add to your Buylist.
Start with the set name (organized alphabetically), then the product name (also alphabetically), then condition (NM, LP, MP + foil if applicable). You can also search by number and rarity if you prefer.
3. Once you find the row that has the card and condition that you want, tab over to the Add to Buylist Quantity field and enter the number of that card that you want to add to your Buylist.
Note: The number you input here will add X number of cards to your Buylist, so if you already have 5 of that card on your Buylist and you want to increase to 10, you should write “5” in this field.
4. Add the price you want to pay for each card under Set Buylist Price.
Note: You cannot change prices of your existing inventory via import unless you add at least 1 more card to the Add to Buylist Quantity field.
5. Delete any rows that do not contain additions to your Buylist. The CSV file that you import must be kept to 500 rows or less in order to upload successfully on our end.
Note: CSV imports will only add quantities to your Buylist. If you want to remove any quantities, you’ll need to make those changes manually. To manually add cards, please refer to Adding Cards to Your Buylist.
Exporting Your Current Buylist
1. Open the TCGplayer Buylist tab from within the Seller Portal.
2. Click on Buylist Pricing and select Export Buylist Pricing under View Selector.
3. The Export a Buylist screen will open, allowing you to export your Buylist in one of two ways. Either:
a. Choose a product line, set and condition, then click “Download CSV.”
b. If you want to download the entire Buylist, simply click “Download My Buylist.”
CSV Headings Glossary
Do not change any of the values in the columns underneath these headings, as this information is needed to accurately import your Buylist requests.
TCGplayer ID - a SKU number used by TCGplayer to match up the card to our product listing site
Product Line - the card game the product is from (currently only Magic: The Gathering)
Set Name - the specific set a card is from within a product line (Aether Revolt, Kaladesh, etc.)
Product Name - the name of the card itself (Panharmonicon, Aether Hub, etc.)
Number - the card number
Rarity - the card rarity
Condition - Near Mint, Lightly Played, Moderately Played and the same for foils
Buylist Market Price - the current “true value” of each card available on TCGplayer.com via the Buylist (based on the prices at which the card has been selling averaged across multiple recent transactions)
Buylist High Price - the current High price of each card available on TCGplayer.com via the Buylist (*Note: this value will only be shown on exported CSV files. It will not be available on the templates above for importing)
Buylist Quantity - the number of that card that’s currently on your Store’s Buylist
Where to Input Your Desired Cards:
Add to Buylist Quantity - the quantity of that card that you want to add to your Buylist
(Note: Simply leave this cell blank if you don’t want to add any more of that particular card.)
Set Buylist Price - the price you want to pay for each of that card (based on its specific product/set/condition)