Using Our Buylist Pricing Tools
The Buylist tab has been updated with better tools to assist you in building and maintaining your TCGplayer Buylist.
Buylist Pricing Tool
The Buylist Pricing Tool allows you to set Buylist prices for a large amount of cards at one time based on the current Buylist Market Price or Buylist High Price. Using the Buylist Pricing Tool is easy.
1. Search for the cards you want to update.
2. Once the desired search results appear in the Product Catalog section, click the Buylist Pricing Tool button.
3. You will then have the option to reprice either the products currently displayed on the screen (This Page) or all matching search results (My Search Results).
4. You can then choose to match your products to the Buylist Market Price or the Buylist High Price.
5. Then, just press Continue to confirm your choices and update your prices.
6. When the changes have been updated successfully, you will see a success message at the top of your screen.
You may receive a message stating: “No updates were applied. All of your products are already appropriately priced.” If you receive this message, check the products you were attempting to reprice with the Buylist Pricing Tool. The Buylist Pricing Tool won’t be able to update your prices if they are already at the match price.
Once in the Buylist Pricing Tool, you have the option of either editing your Live inventory directly or making all of your changes first and then setting all of your price changes Live. We suggest that you make all changes to your Staged Inventory first, then, once everything is confirmed and correct, set your inventory to Live. To keep your inventory Staged, just make sure the Inventory Toggle in the upper right section of the page is set to Staged.
While working within Staged Inventory, you’ll have three buttons under the Inventory Toggle: Clear All, Move To Live, and Save.
- Selecting Clear Staged Inventory will clear your Staged Inventory, removing all Buylist quantities and prices that you had previously stored using the Save button.
- Selecting Move To Live will take all of the changes you have stored with the Save button and transfer them to your Live Inventory. To move the saved changes on the individual page only, select "This Page." To move all changes from your search results, select "My Search Results."
- Selecting Save will store any Buylist pricing or quantity updates you have made to your Staged Inventory just like when working with a Live Inventory except that none of your changes will be live on the site until you finish and use the Move To Live button.
Once you’re comfortable with the Buylist Pricing Tool and want to edit your inventory while it’s Live, just make sure the Inventory Toggle in the upper right section of the page is set to Live.
Then, whenever you make a Buylist pricing or quantity change, just click the Save button. If you see a success message, your inventory has been updated. If you see an error message, additional changes are needed.
Any saved changes are sent to your Live inventory right away so you can start making sales with the new prices and quantities. Please be aware that it may take up to five minutes for any price changes to be reflected on the site, as the TCGplayer.com website processes all of the pricing updates from every seller.
To update your Buylist inventory quicker, you can search for products you’d like to update or add to your inventory.
You can search by just the Product Name, or you can apply Advanced Filters to select products by Category, Set Name, Catalog, Printing, Condition, Rarity, Language, or Price Range criteria. The Price Range dropdown will only appear for TCGplayer Pro sellers who have channels enabled.
- Selecting the Full TCGplayer Catalog filter will return all products that TCGplayer offers.
- Selecting the My Catalog Only filter will return only products that you have a price for, including products with zero quantity. Selecting this option also allows you to narrow down your search even further with Inventory and Listing Type options.
After searching, you’ll see the matching results in the Product Catalog below. Locate the specific product you want to update, enter the quantity and set “Your Listing” price. There will be options to “Match” the Buylist HIgh Price or the Buylist Market Price, if available.
Pending Purchase Quantity
The Pending Purchase Quantity is the amount of that card that has already been purchased on your behalf but has not yet been received. Example: You want to carry 10 Tarmogoyf cards in your store. You see that you already have 3 in Pending Purchase Quantity. That means you only have to buy 7 from Buylist to get to your total of 10.
Importing and Exporting
You can export Pricing Lists as a CSV or import a CSV into your Staged Inventory. You can make edits to your Staged Inventory and then push them into Live Inventory when all items are set correctly. You'll have the option to Export From Live, Export Filtered CSV, and Import to Staged.
- Export From Live - Use this option to export your entire Live Buylist inventory to a CSV file.
- Export Filtered CSV - With this option, you can select multiple filters and download a CSV containing only those specific products from the TCGplayer catalog.
- Filters include Category, Set Name, Condition, Language, and Printing. In addition, you can choose to filter results based on a specific price point or return results from Buylist Live Inventory only.
- Import To Staged - This option can be used to update Buylist quantity and prices on your Staged Inventory with a CSV import.
- With the import CSV option, you can add or subtract quantities from your existing Buylist. To increase your inventory, enter an integer of 1 or higher. To reduce your inventory quantity, enter a negative integer.
For more information on formatting CSV files for Importing and Exporting, click here.
View Pricing Import Summary
Use this option to view the imported file information from the past 30 days. You'll be able to see the file name, date imported, and number of products clearly displayed in a simple chart.