How do I ship to military APO/FPO addresses?
APO (Army Post Office) and FPO (Fleet Post Office) are military designated addresses that allow mail to be delivered to overseas military locations. APO addresses are associated with U.S. Army or Air Force installations, while FPO addresses are associated with U.S. Navy installations and ships.
The following tips will help you ship orders to military service members or diplomatic personnel.
Differences from Standard Shipping
- Ship the order via the U.S. Postal Service. Due to security restrictions, APO/FPOs cannot accept packages shipped via other mail services like UPS and FedEx.
- Fill out a customs form so the order will comply with security restrictions. This is important even though all mail stays within the USPS channels when delivered.
- If merchandise totals over $250.00, please purchase U.S. only Domestic Insurance for the value of the order in lieu of purchasing Signature Confirmation.
- Keep in mind that it takes considerably more time for mail to arrive at an APO/FPO compared to a standard U.S. address. Usually, U.S. orders on our site arrive in six to eight business days—but shipping to an APO/FPO can take two and a half weeks by Priority Mail and up to eight weeks by First-Class Mail.
What Stays the Same
- The postal fees for shipping to an APO/FPO are the same as shipping within the United States. Military APO/FPO addresses are still considered shipments within the U.S.
- Remember to adhere to our Shipping Guidelines. We recommend adding tracking confirmation on the package if it is over $20.00 in value, and you must add tracking on all orders $49.99 and above.
- Since the order is considered a U.S./Domestic order, as a seller on TCGplayer you are 100% protected against fraudulent claims.