Importing and Exporting CSVs to Mass Update Prices and Quantities
If you're a Level 4 Seller, you can easily import and export your pricing data within the Pricing tab of your Seller Portal. This makes it quick and simple to mass update your prices and quantities. Once you have a CSV export, you can make updates to your inventory data in any spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc or Google Spreadsheets.
Under the inventory toggle (where you can switch between Staged and Live), you'll see Import/Export Options. Here you'll have the choice to Import Pricing, Export Pricing or view a Pricing Import Summary from the past 30 days.
Exporting Your Inventory
To mass edit your inventory, you'll first need to export your existing inventory data. Once you're in the Pricing tab in your Seller Portal.
- Select Export Pricing in the dropdown menu underneath your Inventory Toggle.
- A popup will appear. Choose the product line, set, condition, language and printing type (foil or non-foil) you want to export data for. Then select "Download CSV" to get an export of selected items. You can also select "Download Export" to download all your products across product lines and sets.
- Once you download the file, you can open it in any text editor to start editing quantities or prices. Suggestion: Opening up in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or OpenOffice Calc will allow for easy editing and have the data in cells.
- You can edit the following values:
- Add to Quantity: This can be any integer. A positive number will add that amount to your quantity. A 0 will result in no changes to your quantity. If you place a negative number in this field, it will remove that amount from your existing quantity. Note: The minimum your quantity can be is 0, so if you have 5 in your inventory and have -10 in this field, that will result in 0 for your quantity.
- My Price: This must be 0.01 or greater. Your TCGplayer Marketplace listing will change to this value. Note: This does not include any shipping/handling values.
Importing Your Inventory
Once you export and modify your CSV file, you can import your edited file to quickly update your inventory quantities and prices.
- Select Import Pricing in the dropdown menu underneath your Inventory Toggle.
- A popup will appear. Select the file that has been edited using the Choose File button. Once you've selected the edited file, click "Import CSV."
- This will result in your Quantity changing your Staged Inventory.
Clearing Your Inventory
If you want to clear your inventory, you can set your Add to Quantity field to a negative number that is a higher value than your current quantity. Since the system will not allow inventory to be set to a negative value, entering a negative value larger than your existing quantity will "zero out" your inventory. For example, current inventory for card X = 5. If you enter an Add to Quantity value of -20, it will set the inventory to 0.
Formatting CSV Files for Import into Your Inventory
Now that you have a CSV file with your current inventory, you can add or remove quantities and prices to your inventory on TCGplayer with ease! Using the exported CSV document from the directions above, you can import all of your updates at once.
CSV Headings Glossary
Do not change any of the values in the columns underneath these headings, as this information is needed to accurately import your Buylist requests.
TCGplayer ID - a SKU number used by TCGplayer to match up the card to our product listing site
Product Line - the card game the product is from
Set Name - the specific set a card is from within a product line (Aether Revolt, Kaladesh, etc.)
Product Name - the name of the card itself (Panharmonicon, Aether Hub, etc.)
Number - the card number
Rarity - the card rarity
Condition - Near Mint, Lightly Played, Moderately Played and the same for foils
Market Price - the current “true value” of each card available on TCGplayer.com (based on the prices at which the card has been selling averaged across multiple recent transactions)
Low Price - the Low Price for that specific product/set/condition (should a price not exist, it will be set to N/A)
Quantity - your current inventory Quantity for the item
Pending Quantity - the number of a particular item that are currently in TCGDirect-Processing, Processing, Ready to Ship, Received, Pulling, or Ready For Pickup statuses
Where to Input Your Desired Cards:
Add to Quantity - the quantity of the card you would like to add or remove from your inventory on TCGplayer (Note: You can add or subtract quantities from your existing inventory. To increase your inventory, enter an integer of 1 or higher. To reduce your inventory quantity, enter a negative integer.)
My Price - the actual price your Store has set for that specific product/set/condition