Importing and Exporting CSVs to Mass Update Prices and Quantities
If you're a Level 4 Seller, you can easily import and export your pricing data within the Pricing tab of your Seller Portal. This makes it quick and simple to mass update your prices and quantities. Once you have a CSV export, you can make updates to your inventory data in any spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc, or Google Spreadsheets.
The import and export options are now right on the Pricing tab screen. Here you'll have the choice to Export from Live, Export Filtered CSV, Import to Staged, or View Pricing Import Summary (from the past 30 days).
Exporting Your Inventory
To mass edit your inventory, you'll first need to export your existing inventory data.
In the Pricing tab, there are two options for exporting inventory:
1. Export From Live - Use this option to export your entire live inventory to a CSV file.
2. Export Filtered CSV - Use this option to select multiple filters and download a CSV containing only the desired products from the TCGplayer catalog.
Once you download the file, you can open it in any text editor to start editing quantities or prices. Suggestion: Opening up in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or OpenOffice Calc will allow for easy editing and have the data in cells.
Note: Your export will include all products with a price regardless of whether or not they have a quantity listed. This is so you can update prices in Live even when a product is out of stock.
You can edit the following values:
- Add to Quantity: This can be any integer. A positive number will add that amount to your quantity. A 0 will result in no changes to your quantity. If you place a negative number in this field, it will remove that amount from your existing quantity. Note: The minimum your quantity can be is 0, so if you have 5 in your inventory and have -10 in this field, that will result in 0 for your quantity.
- TCG Marketplace Price: This field is required. This must be 0.01 or greater. Your TCGplayer Marketplace listing will change to this value. Note: This does not include any shipping/handling values.
- My Store Reserve Quantity (Pro Seller by TCGplayer Exclusive): This field will only be available when the My Store Channel is enabled within your Channel Settings. This is the number of products that will be reserved for sale only through your Pro website. Reserved items will not be listed for sale on the TCGplayer Marketplace.
- My Store Price (Pro Seller by TCGplayer Exclusive): This field will only be available when the My Store Channel is enabled within your Channel Settings. This is the price that will be displayed on your Pro website.
Importing Your Inventory
Once you export and modify your CSV file, you can import your edited file to quickly update your inventory quantities and prices. Importing your CSV files is quick and easy. When you import your CSV, you get to monitor the validation process, identify and correct your errors with ease, and see the import's progress with a status bar.
To avoid validation issues, there are a few things to keep in mind before you import:
- The TCG Marketplace Price field is always required.
- If you enable your My Store Channel (available exclusively for TCGplayer Pro), you'll see a few additional fields in your CSV:
- My Store Reserve Quantity - When you enter a quantity in this field, "My Store Price" is required.
- My Store Price - You can enter a price here regardless of quantity.
To learn more about channel pricing, refer to Channel Price Additions.
1. Select the "Import To Staged" button.
2. A popup will appear. Select the file that has been edited using the "Choose File" button. Once you've selected the edited file, click "Continue."
3. Before the CSV is imported, the system will:
a. Validate CSV Headers
b. Process All Records (verifying each row and values within the rows of the CSV are valid)
c. Check for Duplicates
d. Validate Records
A screen will display the results of each validation step as it occurs.
A “Save Updates” button will appear if all validation steps succeed, allowing you to save all updates to Staged Inventory. You can now skip to step 5 below.
4. If any of the rows fail validation, the errors will need to be fixed. You will be given the option to Cancel or Fix Errors.
Duplicate TCGplayer ID values are not allowed in the CSV file. When duplicates are found, you will have two options:
1. Ignore Duplicates and Continue - This option will exclude all duplicate rows from the import process and allow you to continue validating.
2. Download Duplicates CSV - Selecting this option will download a CSV with all duplicate rows found in the original CSV import.
b. Validation Errors
When Validation Errors are found, you will have two options:
1. Cancel - Selecting this option will stop the import process and no updates will be made.
2. Fix Errors - Selecting this option will provide a modal with the following options:
- Download Errors - Selecting this option will generate a CSV export all of the invalid rows.
- Remove All - Selecting this option will remove all errors on the screen. The invalid records that are removed will not be updated.
- Edit - Selecting this option will show a screen that allows you to modify the invalid row content and resolve the issue.
All fields will be editable:
- Invalid entries will be marked in red. You can click in the text box to correct the invalid value.
- Once all corrections are made, you can choose to update the invalid row with the “Update” button and resolve the validation error, cancel the operation with the “Cancel” button, or return to the previous screen with the “Go Back” button. You will not be able to proceed with the import until all validation errors are resolved.
- Remove - Selecting this button for a specific product ID will remove that product from the import process, and no changes will be made to that product.
5. Once the “Save Updates” button is clicked, you will be shown a visualization of the price updates as they are uploaded:
6. Once the upload has been completed, you will see a success message with the number of record updates processed successfully, as well as any errors that occurred:
7. You'll now have the options to:
a. Cancel & View Staged Inventory - Selecting this option will not move any price/quantity changes to live and will show the updated prices/quantities in the Product Catalog of your Staged Inventory
b. Move to Live - Selecting this option will push the price/quantity changes to your Live Inventory
After confirming the Move to Live, you'll see an Updates screen with the following information:
- Product (ID and Name)
- “New?” indicator for each of the following prices/quantities, as well as how much the amount increased or decreased:
Clearing Your Inventory
With just the click of a button in your Pricing tab, you can kickstart a quick and easy process to clear your live inventory on TCGplayer.com. This process also incorporates built-in protections to ensure you or one of your employees doesn’t accidentally clear your store’s inventory. These include confirming your selection and entering your email address to finalize this action before our systems clear out your live inventory. Read the Clearing Your Live Inventory help file to learn more.
Note: TCG Marketplace Price, My Store Reserve Quantity, and My Store Price values will not be removed when clearing inventory. Only the available quantity will be cleared. This allows you to pick up where you left off with pricing and reserve settings when you get new inventory in stock.
Formatting CSV Files for Import into Your Inventory
Now that you have a CSV file with your current inventory, you can easily add or remove quantities and prices for your TCGplayer Marketplace and Pro website! Using the exported CSV document from the directions above, you can import all of your updates at once.
CSV Headings Glossary
Do not change any of the values in the columns underneath these headings, as this information is needed to accurately import your Buylist requests.
TCGplayer ID - an SKU number used by TCGplayer to match up the item to our product listing site
Product Line - the game the product is from or the type of item
Set Name - the specific set an item is from within a product line (Aether Revolt, Kaladesh, etc.)
Product Name - the name of the product itself (Panharmonicon, Aether Hub, etc.)
Title - the custom title you created (if the product is a listing with photo)
Number - the items number
Rarity - the rarity of the item
Condition - Near Mint, Lightly Played, Moderately Played, and the same for foils
TCG Market Price - the current “true value” of each item available on TCGplayer.com (based on the prices at which the product has been selling averaged across multiple recent transactions)
TCG Direct Low - the lowest TCGplayer Direct price for that listing
TCG Low w/ Shipping - the Low Price, including the shipping cost, for that specific product/set/condition
TCG Low Price - the Low Price for that specific product/set/condition (should a price not exist, it will be set to N/A)
Total Quantity - your current inventory Quantity for the item
Pending Quantity - the number of a particular item that is currently in TCGDirect-Processing, Processing, Ready to Ship, Received, Pulling, or Ready For Pickup statuses
Photo URL - a link to your photo of the product (if the product is a listing with photo)
Where to Input Your Desired Products:
Add to Quantity - the quantity of the products you would like to add or remove from your inventory on TCGplayer (Note: You can add or subtract quantities from your existing inventory. To increase your inventory, enter an integer of 1 or higher. To reduce your inventory quantity, enter a negative integer.)
TCG Marketplace Price - the actual price your Store has set for that specific product/set/condition in the TCGplayer Marketplace. This field is required.
My Store Reserve Quantity - Pro Seller by TCGplayer exclusive, only available when My Store Channel is enabled; the number of products that will be reserved for sale only through your TCGplayer Pro website. This enables you to set aside products for your customers at your physical location, so you always have stock on hand to meet your local customers' needs. Reserved items will not be listed for sale on the TCGplayer Marketplace. A My Store Price is required if you want to have a My Store Reserve Quantity.
My Store Price - Pro Seller by TCGplayer exclusive, only available when My Store Channel is enabled; the actual price you have set for that specific product/set/condition on your Pro website.