Resolving Missing Package Disputes
Sellers are responsible for resolving TCGplayer disputes for orders that a Buyer claims have not been received according to the policies that follow:
Shipped without Tracking or Confirmation
Sellers who ship an order without tracking/delivery confirmation information will be liable if a Buyer claims the package has Not Been Received and it is past the maximum Estimated Delivery Date for Domestic shipments. For a First-Class package the maximum Estimated Delivery Date is 8 business days.
Shipped with Tracking or Confirmation and has an “In Route” Status
If a package is not delivered by the end of the expected delivery date quoted on TCGplayer -- 6-8 business days for Standard Domestic Shipping or 3-4 business days for Expedited Domestic Shipping -- the Seller should submit a case with the USPS either via their Online Form or by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Shipped with Tracking or Confirmation and Reporting Shows Delivery and Buyer Claims Item Not Received
TCGplayer covers our Sellers fully in the event a Buyer reports a Domestic order as missing but the USPS reports the order as Delivered.
✔ Here is the process to follow:
- Contact the USPS and submit a case either via their Online Form or by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).
- Save the case number you are given by the USPS.
- We suggest contacting the Buyer and giving them the case number information from the USPS so they are aware you are doing your best to locate the missing package.
- The USPS should contact you usually within 48hrs with an update (from our experience when utilizing the online tool, if you enter your email address as the method of contact it seems to work best -- the phone number option works, they will call you, but sometimes the call is outside of traditional business hours).
- If the tracking updates or the USPS are able to locate and correctly deliver the package, hurray!
- If the tracking does not update, you receive no reply from the USPS in 48hrs or they say the package cannot be located, don't worry, simply refund the Buyer in full.
- Then email the case number to email@example.com with the subject line: "Missing Delivered Package Case Number."
- Once CSR receives the case number we will credit your store for the missing package.
- If the package is reported as successfully delivered to the customer at a later date and they contact you asking to pay for the wayward order, they can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll organize a PayPal payment for the package.
Shipped with Signature Confirmation Tracking and Tracking Shows Delivery and Buyer Claims Item Not Received
Contact email@example.com for us to investigate the claim. If the name on the signature confirmation matches the Buyer, TCGplayer will work with the buyer to determine if the package was delivered to the correct address. If signature confirmation does not match the buyer, we will deny the claim and ask the buyer to follow-up with the individual that signed for the package. Disputes for packages that are signed for by a freight forwarder or an agent of the buyer (e.g. receptionist, family member) will be denied. However, if our investigation determines that the customer did not receive the order due to a shipping error beyond his or her control, the seller may still be held liable although this is an extremely rare occurrence.
How you can reduce the risk of a TCGplayer Dispute as a Seller
There are three simple ways to mitigate the risk of a Dispute for item not received:
- Ship promptly and use a shipping method that ensures reliable delivery before end of delivery date.
- Ship with tracking information and provide this information to the buyer.
- Follow the TCGplayer Shipping Guidelines:
- TCGplayer recommends that you ship any package over $20.00 in value with Delivery Confirmation or Tracking for your own protection.
- Additionally, for orders of $50.00 or higher you MUST include Tracking / Delivery Confirmation.
- For orders of $250.00 or more you MUST include Tracking / Delivery Confirmation and Signature Required. You may want to consider protecting yourself by purchasing Insurance. Please read all of the Shipping Guidelines for Cards and make sure you're familiar with the expectations for Sellers on TCGplayer.
The Seller waives the ability to win any disputes if the customer says the package did not arrive should they choose not to follow the guidelines listed above.
You can review the pertinent section of the Seller Agreement below:
12) Risk of Loss
TCGplayer may refuse service to anyone for any reason. TCGplayer may earn interest or other compensation from the balances in our bank accounts that result from the timing difference between our being paid by a buyer and our bank account being debited to pay out credits to a seller. TCGplayer will bear the risk of credit card fraud (i.e. fraudulent purchase arising from the theft and unauthorized use of a third party's credit card information) occurring in connection with a payment transaction through our marketplace, and the seller will bear all other risk of fraud or loss that are not fulfilled strictly in accordance with the order information and shipping information that we provide you. TCGplayer reserves the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if we, in our sole discretion, decide to reimburse the buyer, provide a refund to the buyer if the seller cannot promptly deliver the goods, discover erroneous or duplicate transactions, or receive a chargeback from a buyer's credit card issuer for the amount of the buyer's purchase from the seller. TCGplayer may obtain reimbursement of any amounts owed by the seller to TCGplayer by deducting from future payments owed to the seller, reversing any credits to the Account, debiting the seller’s bank account, charging the seller's credit card, or seeking such reimbursement from the seller by any other lawful means. You authorize us to use any or all of the foregoing methods to seek reimbursement, including the debiting of your credit card or checking account.