Using Our Pricing Tools
To assist our advanced Sellers in promoting their sales through competitive, real-time prices, we offer additional pricing tools to all Level 4 Marketplace Sellers. Taking advantage of these tools is easy: just select the Pricing tab in your Seller Portal to get started.
Note: Please do not adjust your inventory using multiple tabs in your browser, as this can lead to changes not being saved as expected.
The Channel Pricing Tool allows you to set prices for a large amount of cards at one time based on the current Market Price. Just follow these steps:
1. Search for the cards you want to update.
2. Once the desired search results appear in the Product Catalog section, click the Marketplace Pricing Tool button.
3. You will then have the option to select which channel(s) to reprice. You can choose to reprice TCGplayer Marketplace Channel, My Store Channel, or All Channels.
The channel(s) selected will be updated to the TCG Market Price.
4. On the same modal you can choose to update either the products currently displayed on the screen (This Page) or all matching search results (Search Results).
5. When you've made your selections, click the "Update Prices" button. You will see a progress bar followed by a success message.
You may receive a message stating: “No updates were applied. All of your products are already appropriately priced.” If you receive this message, check the products you were attempting to reprice with the Marketplace Pricing Tool. The Marketplace Pricing Tool won’t be able to update your prices if they are already at the match price.
Once in the Pricing tab, you have the option of either editing your Live inventory directly or making all of your changes first and then setting all of your price changes Live. We suggest that you make all changes to your Staged Inventory first, then, once everything is confirmed and correct, set your inventory to Live. To keep your inventory Staged, just make sure the Inventory Toggle in the upper right section of the page is set to Staged.
While working within Staged Inventory, you’ll have three buttons under the Inventory Toggle: Clear All, Save and Move To Live.
- Selecting Delete Staged Inventory will clear your Staged Inventory, removing all quantities and prices that you had previously stored using the Save button.
- Selecting Save will store any pricing or quantity updates you have made to your Staged Inventory just like when working with a Live Inventory except that none of your changes will be live on the site until you finish and use the Move To Live button.
- Selecting Move To Live will take all of the changes you have stored with the Save button and transfer them to your Live Inventory. To move the saved changes on the individual page only, select "This Page." To move all changes from your search results, select "My Search Results."
Once you’re comfortable with the Inventory Management Tool and want to edit your inventory while it’s Live, just make sure the Inventory Toggle in the upper right section of the page is set to Live.
Then, whenever you make a pricing or quantity change, just click the Save button. If you see a success message, your inventory has been updated. If you see an error message, additional changes are needed.
Any saved changes are sent to your Live inventory right away so you can start making sales with the new prices and quantities. Please be aware that it may take up to five minutes for any price changes to be reflected on the site, as the TCGplayer.com website processes all of the pricing updates from every Seller.
To update your inventory quicker, you can search for products you’d like to update or add to your inventory.
You can search by just the Product Name, or you can apply Advanced Filters to select products by Category, Set Name, Catalog and Inventory, Listing Type, Printing, Condition, Rarity, Language, or Price Range criteria.
- Selecting the Full TCGplayer Catalog filter will return all products that TCGplayer offers.
- Selecting the My Catalog Only filter will return only products that you have a price for, including products with zero quantity. Selecting this option also allows you to narrow down your search even further with Inventory and Listing Type options.
- The Price Range dropdown will only appear for Pro Seller by TCGplayer sellers who have channels enabled.
After searching, you’ll see the matching results in the Product Catalog below. Locate the specific product you want to update, enter the quantity and set “Your Listing” price. There will be options to “Match” the Lowest Price or the Market Price, if available.
There are a variety of reasons why inventory is not available for purchase, but hasn’t been removed from the system inventory yet.
- Inventory is needed for an upcoming RI, but is still sitting on the shelf
- An order has been packaged, but not picked up by the mail carrier
For these scenarios, the Pending Quantity amount will be shown to you for any inventory that is either not available for purchase or in the middle of the removal process but not yet removed from inventory.
To display inventory for these scenarios, the Pending Quantity column will include the following information:
1. For Direct by TCGplayer Orders: Quantity for any products coming in an RI, which are any Direct by TCGplayer orders that have “TCGDirect-Processing” status (Note: This does not include “TCGDirect - Shipped” status.)
2. For Marketplace Orders: Quantity from any orders that are in “Processing” or “Ready to Ship” status (Note: This does not include “Shipped,” “Delivered,” or “Cancelled” statuses.)
3. For In-Store Pickup - Pay Now Orders: Quantity from any orders that are in “Received,” “Pulling,” or “Ready for Pickup” status (Note: This does not include “Picked Up” or “Cancelled” statuses.)
You can export Pricing Lists as a CSV or import a CSV into your Staged Inventory. You can make edits to your Staged Inventory and then push them into Live Inventory when all items are set correctly. You'll have the option to Export From Live, Export Filtered CSV, and Import to Staged.
- Export From Live - Use this option to export your entire Live inventory to a CSV file.
Note: If you have a second channel enabled, the CSV generated will have two additional fields.
- Export Filtered CSV - With this option, you can select multiple filters and download a CSV containing only those specific products from the TCGplayer catalog.
- Filters include Category, Set Name, Condition, Language, and Printing. In addition, you can choose to filter results based on a specific price point or return results from Live Inventory only.
- Note: If you have a second channel enabled, the CSV generated will have two additional fields.
- Import To Staged - This option can be used to update quantity and prices on your Staged Inventory with a CSV import.
- With the import CSV option, you can add or subtract quantities from your existing inventory. To increase your inventory, enter an integer of 1 or higher. To reduce your inventory quantity, enter a negative integer.
For more information on formatting CSV files for Importing and Exporting, click here.
Use this option to view the imported file information from the past 30 days. You'll be able to see the file name, date imported, and number of products clearly displayed in a simple chart.
- 5/6/2022 - Added note to not adjust inventory in multiple browser tabs.