Using Our Pricing Tools
To assist our advanced Sellers in promoting their sales through competitive, real-time prices, we offer additional pricing tools to all Level 4 Marketplace Sellers. Taking advantage of these tools is easy: just select the Pricing tab in your Seller Portal to get started.
The Mass Pricing Tool allows you to set prices for a large amount of cards at one time based on the current Market Price. Using the Mass Pricing Tool is easy.
1. Search for the cards you want to update.
2. Once the desired search results appear in the Product Catalog section, click the Mass Pricing Tool button.
3. You will then have the option to reprice either the products currently displayed on the screen (This Page) or all matching search results (My Search Results).
4. You can then choose to match your products to the Market Price.
5. Then, just press Continue to confirm your choices and update your prices.
6. When the changes have been updated successfully, you will see a success message at the top of your screen.
You may receive a message stating: “No updates were applied. All of your products are already appropriately priced.” If you receive this message, check the products you were attempting to reprice with the Mass Pricing Tool. The Mass Pricing Tool won’t be able to update your prices if they are already at the match price or if the products have a quantity of zero.
Once in the Pricing tab, you have the option of either editing your Live inventory directly or making all of your changes first and then setting all of your price changes Live. We suggest that you make all changes to your Staged Inventory first, then, once everything is confirmed and correct, set your inventory to Live. To keep your inventory Staged, just make sure the Inventory Toggle in the upper right section of the page is set to Staged.
While working within Staged Inventory, you’ll have three buttons under the Inventory Toggle: Clear All, Save and Move To Live.
- Selecting Save will store any pricing or quantity updates you have made to your Staged Inventory just like when working with a Live Inventory except that none of your changes will be live on the site until you finish and use the Move To Live button.
- Selecting Clear All will clear your Staged Inventory, removing all quantities and prices that you had previously stored by using the Save button.
- Selecting Move To Live will take all of the changes you have stored with the Save button and transfer them to your Live Inventory.
Once you’re comfortable with the Inventory Management Tool and want to edit your inventory while it’s Live, just make sure the Inventory Toggle in the upper right section of the page is set to Live.
Then, whenever you make a pricing or quantity change, just click the Save button. If you see a success message, your inventory has been updated. If you see an error message, additional changes are needed.
Any saved changes are sent to your Live inventory right away so you can start making sales with the new prices and quantities. Please be aware that it may take up to five minutes for any price changes to be reflected on the site, as the TCGplayer.com website processes all of the pricing updates from every Seller.
Selecting Clear All will clear your Live Inventory, removing all quantities and prices that you had previously stored by using the Save button.
To update your inventory quicker, you can search for products you’d like to update or add to your inventory.
You can choose to search by just the product name, or you can apply filters to select products by Set Name, Printing, Condition, Rarity or Language criteria.
After searching, you’ll see the matching results in the Product Catalog below. Locate the specific product you want to update, enter the quantity and set “Your Listing” price. There will be options to “Match” the Lowest Price or the Market Price, if available.
Importing and Exporting
You can export Pricing Lists as a CSV or import from a CSV into your Staged Inventory. You can make edits to your Staged Inventory and then push them into Live Inventory when all items are set correctly.
For more information on formatting CSV files for Importing and Exporting, click here.
It’s important to note that imports will only add quantities to your existing inventory. If you want to remove any quantities from your inventory, whether in Staged or Live, you’ll need to make those changes manually rather than via import.